You are here

Historic Federal Courthouses

Texarkana, Texas (1892)

U.S. Court House and Post Office (1889; 1901)
Completed in 1892.
Supervising Architect: Willoughby J. Edbrooke
The U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Texas met here from 1903 until 1911; the U.S. Circuit Court for the Eastern District of Texas met here from 1903 until 1911; the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Arkansas met here until the 1897 reorganization of the Arkansas judicial districts; the U.S. District Court for the Western District of Arkansas met here from 1897 until 1930; the U.S. Circuit Court for the Eastern District of Arkansas met here until the 1897 reorganization of the Arkansas judicial districts; the U.S. Circuit Court for the Western District of Arkansas met here from 1897 until that court was abolished in 1912.
Razed in 1930.

Source: 
U.S. Treasury Department, Annual Report of the Supervising Architect of the Treasury Department for the Calendar Year Ending December 31, 1888 (Washington, D.C.: GPO, 1889).
Higher Resolution: 
Source: 
U.S. Treasury Department, A History of Public Buildings (Washington, D.C.: GPO, 1901): 30-31.
Higher Resolution: