You are here
Fed. R. Bankr. P. 9019
This repository of materials was developed as a companion to the manual, Navigating Chapter 9 of the Bankruptcy Code, to provide courts with examples of case documents and other resource materials related to issues likely to arise in Chapter 9 cases. Documents are included from cases filed by variety of debtors: cities, townships, and counties; medical-related entities, such as county hospitals and authorities; and political subdivisions, such as sanitary and improvement districts, water districts, and off-track betting authorities.
The materials have been placed into the following categories. Some documents relating to multiple categories have been placed in the most relevant categories and cross-references are made between the categories. Some significant documents have been put into more than one category.
- Appointment of Experts, Consultants, and Fee Examiners
- Appointment of Patient Care Ombudsman and Patient Confidentiality
- Case-Management Orders
- Chapter 9 Compared to Chapter 11
- Designation of Bankruptcy Judge
- Labor and Pension Obligations
- Law Review Articles and Other Publications
- State Law, Local Rules, and Court Procedures
- Media and the Public
- Municipal Financing and Bonds
- Notice and Websites
- Plan Confirmation
- Published Opinions
- Review of Professional Fees
- Rule 2004 Examinations and Discovery
- Rule 9019 Applicability to Settlement Agreements
- Statistics and Docket Sheets
We welcome suggestions about other materials that may be helpful to courts for inclusion in the Chapter 9 repository. Please send your ideas and materials to Beth Wiggins at email@example.com.
This page includes a motion, objections thereto, related briefs, and an order/opinion regarding the applicability of Bankruptcy Rule 9019 to settlements in the Chapter 9 case. Rule 9019 provides, “[o]n motion by the trustee and after notice and a hearing, the court may approve a compromise or settlement.” This court determined that a Chapter 9 debtor does not need to seek approval of settlements reached during the Chapter 9 case.
Rule 9019 Applicability to Settlement Agreements is one of several Chapter 9 Online Repository categories.