History of the Federal Judiciary
 


History of the Federal Judiciary


  Historic Federal Courthouses
Greenville, South Carolina

U.S. Court House and Post Office (n.d., ca. 1892; 1909)
Completed in 1892.
Supervising Architect: James H. Windrim
Extension completed in 1910.
Supervising Architect of extension: James Knox Taylor
The U.S. District Court for the Western District of South Carolina met here until 1937; the U.S. Circuit Court for the Western District of South Carolina met here until 1898.
Razed in 1973.


Source: National Archives, RG 121-C, Box 32, Folder B, Print 4

Larger image: 63 k JPEG
High resolution: 22 MB TIFF




Source: National Archives, RG 121-C, Box 32, Folder A, Print 17A

Larger image: 66 k JPEG
High resolution: 15 MB TIFF


 

Submit Questions About Judicial History | Contact the FJC