U.S. Court House and Post Office (1901)
Completed in 1890.
Supervising Architect: Will. A. Freret
The U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Texas met here until 1961; the U.S. Circuit Court for the Eastern District of Texas met here until that court was abolished in 1912.
Now the Jefferson Historical Society Museum.
Source: U.S. Treasury Department, A History of Public Buildings (Washington, D.C.: GPO, 1901): 574-75.
Larger image: 83 k JPEG
High resolution: 30 MB TIFF
Historic Federal Courthouses