Florence, South Carolina
U.S. Post Office and Court House (1938)
Completed in 1906.
Supervising Architect: James Knox Taylor
Extension completed in 1938.
Supervising Architect of extension: Louis A. Simon
The U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of South Carolina met here until the creation of the District of South Carolina in 1965; the U.S. District Court for the District of South Carolina met here from 1965 until 1975; the U.S. Circuit Court for the District of South Carolina met here until that court was abolished in 1912.
Now privately owned.
Source: National Archives, RG 121-BS, Box 79, Folder BB, Print 1
Larger image: 81 k JPEG
High resolution: 20 MB TIFF
Historic Federal Courthouses