U.S. Post Office (1884)
Completed in 1888.
Supervising Architect: Mifflin E. Bell
The U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Missouri met here until 1960; the U.S. Circuit Court for the Eastern District of Missouri met here until that court was abolished in 1912.
Now owned by the city.
Source: U.S. Treasury Department, Annual Report of the Supervising Architect to the Secretary of the Treasury for the Year Ending September 30, 1884 (Washington, D.C.: GPO, 1884).
Larger image: 63 k JPEG
High resolution: 2 MB JPEG
Historic Federal Courthouses