Skip to main content
You are here
National Security Cases: Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court
- Letter from FISA Court Presiding Judge Walton to Senate Judiciary Committee.
This July 29, 2013, letter from Judge Reggie B. Walton to the Senate Judiciary Committee responds to four questions from the Committee respecting the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court's procedures.
- January 2014 Report from Judge Bates Regarding Possible FISA Changes
Following a December 12, 2013, report by a presidential review group empaneled to draft recommendations for surveillance reform, Judge Bates submitted a report to selected congressional committee chairs.
- May 13, 2014, Letter from Judge Bates Regarding Proposed USA FREEDOM Act
Judge Bates asked that this letter proposing adjustments to the proposed USA FREEDOM Act be included in the House of Representatives' Intelligence Committee report on the bill.
- August 5, 2014, Letter from Judge Bates Regarding Proposed USA FREEDOM Act
Advisory letter from Judge Bates to Senate Judicary Chair Patrick Leahy on some provisions of the proposed USA FREEDOM Act ("Uniting and Strengthening America by Fulfilling Rights and Ending Eavesdropping, Dragnet Collection, and Online Monitoring").
- August 14, 2014, Letter from Chief Judge Kozinski Regarding Judge Bates's Letter
Letter from a member of the Judicial Conference to Senator Leahy disavowing Judge Bates's August 5, 2014, letter.