U.S. Court House and Post Office (1901)
Completed in 1890.
Supervising Architects: Will. A. Freret and James H. Windrim
Still in use by the U.S. District Court for the Western District of Virginia; the U.S. Circuit Court for the Western District of Virginia met here until that court was abolished in 1912.
Source: U.S. Treasury Department, A History of Public Buildings (Washington, D.C.: GPO, 1901): 594-95.
Larger image: 66 k JPEG
High resolution: 32 MB TIFF
Historic Federal Courthouses