History of the Federal Judiciary
 


History of the Federal Judiciary


  Historic Federal Courthouses
Erie, Pennsylvania

U.S. Court House and Post Office (1901)
Completed in 1887.
Supervising Architect: Mifflin E. Bell
The U.S. District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania met here until 1938; the U.S. Circuit Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania met here until that court was abolished in 1912.
Razed in 1936.


Source: National Archives, RG 121-C, Box 29, Folder D, Print 3

Larger image: 86 k JPEG
High resolution: 20 MB TIFF
















 

Submit Questions About Judicial History | Contact the FJC