U.S. Custom House and Post Office (1901)
Completed in 1856.
Supervising Architect: Ammi B. Young
The U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Alabama met here until 1934; the U.S. Circuit Court for the Southern District of Alabama met here until that court was abolished in 1912.
Razed in 1963.
Source: U.S. Treasury Department, A History of Public Buildings (Washington, D.C.: GPO, 1901): 10-11.
Larger image: 20 MB TIFF
High resolution: 31 MB TIFF
Historic Federal Courthouses