History of the Federal Judiciary
 


History of the Federal Judiciary


  Historic Federal Courthouses
Meridian, Mississippi

U.S. Post Office (n.d., ca. 1900)
Completed in 1898.
Supervising Architect: William Martin Aiken
The U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Mississippi met here until 1933; the U.S. Circuit Court for the Southern District of Mississippi met here until that court was abolished in 1912.
Razed sometime before 1950.


Source: National Archives, RG 121-BA, Box 11, Print 1006

Larger image: 84 k JPEG
High resolution: 21 MB TIFF
















 

Submit Questions About Judicial History | Contact the FJC