Charlotte, North Carolina
U.S. Court House and Post Office (1901)
Completed in 1891.
Supervising Architect: Will. A. Freret
The U.S. District Court for the Western District of North Carolina met here until 1913; the U.S. Circuit Court for the Western District of North Carolina met here until that court was abolished in 1912.
Razed in 1913.
Source: U.S. Treasury Department, A History of Public Buildings (Washington, D.C.: GPO, 1901): 442-43.
Larger image: 65 k JPEG
High resolution: 30 MB TIFF
Historic Federal Courthouses