Asheville, North Carolina
U.S. Court House and Post Office (1909)
Completed in 1892.
Supervising Architects: James H. Windrim and Willoughby J. Edbrooke
The U.S. District Court for the Western District of North Carolina met here until ca. 1930; the U.S. Circuit Court for the Western District of North Carolina met here until that court was abolished in 1912; the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit met here from 1916 until ca. 1930.
Razed ca. 1930.
Source: National Archives, RG 121-C, Box 24, Folder A, Print 16A
Larger image: 76 k JPEG
High resolution: 20 MB TIFF
Historic Federal Courthouses