History of the Federal Judiciary
 


History of the Federal Judiciary


  Historic Federal Courthouses
Boston, Massachusetts

U.S. Post Office and Subtreasury (n.d., ca. 1885)
Completed in 1885.
Supervising Architect: Alfred B. Mullett
The U.S. District Court for the District of Massachusetts met here from 1883, prior to completion, until 1929; the U.S. Circuit Court for the District of Massachusetts met here from 1883, prior to completion, until that court was abolished in 1912.
Razed in 1929.


Source: National Archives, RG 121-C, Box 15, Folder A, Print 2

Larger image: 80 k JPEG
High resolution: 24 MB TIFF
















 

Submit Questions About Judicial History | Contact the FJC