Charlotte, North Carolina
U.S. Post Office and Courthouse (1934)
Completed in 1915.
Supervising Architect: Oscar Wenderoth
Extension completed in 1934.
Supervising Architect of extension: James A. Wetmore
Still in use by the U.S. District Court for the Western District of North Carolina.
Renamed the Charles R. Jonas Federal Building.
Sold to the city in 2005. The U.S. District Court leases space here until completion of the new federal building.
Source: National Archives, RG 121-BS, Box 64, Folder Q, Print 6637
Larger image: 62 k JPEG
High resolution: 21 MB TIFF
Historic Federal Courthouses