Elizabeth City, North Carolina
U.S. Court House and Post Office (n.d., ca. 1906)
Completed in 1906.
Supervising Architect: James Knox Taylor
Still in use by the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of North Carolina; the U.S. Circuit Court for the Eastern District of North Carolina met here until that court was abolished in 1912.
Renamed the J. Herbert W. Small Federal Building and United States Courthouse in 2009.
Source: National Archives, RG 121-BA, Box 9, Print 393
Larger image: 97 k JPEG
High resolution: 22 MB TIFF
Historic Federal Courthouses