Wilkesboro, North Carolina
U.S. Post Office and Courthouse (1917)
Completed in 1917.
Supervising Architects: James Knox Taylor, Oscar Wenderoth, and James A. Wetmore
The U.S. District Court for the Western District of North Carolina met here until the creation of the Middle District in 1927; the U.S. District Court for the Middle District of North Carolina met here from 1927 until 1980.
Now the Wilkes County Board of Education Building.
Source: National Archives, RG 121-BS, Box 66, Folder Q
Larger image: 105 k JPEG
High resolution: 20 MB TIFF
Historic Federal Courthouses