History of the Federal Judiciary
 


History of the Federal Judiciary


  Historic Federal Courthouses
Brooklyn, New York

U.S. Post Office (1901)
Completed in 1892.
Supervising Architect: Mifflin E. Bell
The U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York met here until 1964; the U.S. Circuit Court for the Eastern District of New York met here until that court was abolished in 1912.
Still in use as a post office.


Source: U.S. Treasury Department, A History of Public Buildings (Washington, D.C.: GPO, 1901): 396-97.

Larger image: 109 k JPEG
High resolution: 31 MB TIFF
















 

Submit Questions About Judicial History | Contact the FJC