Salisbury, North Carolina
U.S. Post Office (1932)
Completed in 1911.
Supervising Architect: James Knox Taylor
Extension completed in 1932.
Supervising Architect of extension: James A. Wetmore
The U.S. District Court for the Western District of North Carolina met here until the creation of the Middle District in 1927; the U.S. District Court for the Middle District of North Carolina met here from 1927 until 1980; the U.S. Circuit Court for the Western District of North Carolina met here until that court was abolished in 1912.
Now Rowan County administrative offices.
Source: National Archives, RG 121-BS, Box 65, Folder TT, Print 1
Larger image: 59 k JPEG
High resolution: 20 MB TIFF
Historic Federal Courthouses