U.S. Post Office and Court House (1933)
Completed in 1933.
Architect: Frank Lockwood
Still in use by the U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Alabama and the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit; the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit met here until the creation of the Eleventh Circuit in 1981.
Renamed the Frank M. Johnson, Jr., Federal Building and United States Courthouse in 1992.
Source: National Archives, RG 121-BS, Box 2, Folder R
Larger image: 365 k JPEG
High resolution: 19 MB TIFF
Historic Federal Courthouses