Greensboro, North Carolina
U.S. Court House and Post Office (1900; 1904)
Completed in 1887.
Supervising Architect: Mifflin E. Bell
Extension completed in 1905.
Supervising Architect of extension: James Knox Taylor
The U.S. District Court for the Western District of North Carolina met here until the creation of the Middle District in 1927; the U.S. District Court for the Middle District of North Carolina met here from 1927 until 1933; the U.S. Circuit Court for the Western District of North Carolina met here until that court was abolished in 1912.
Razed ca. 1938.
Source: National Archives, RG 121-BA, Box 11, Print 965
Larger image: 105 k JPEG
High resolution: 21 MB TIFF
Source: National Archives, RG 121-C, Box 25, Folder A, Print 13
Larger image: 85 KB JPEG
High resolution: 20 MB TIFF
Historic Federal Courthouses