Saint Louis, Missouri
U.S. Custom House and Post Office (n.d., ca. 1900)
Completed in 1884.
Supervising Architects: Alfred B. Mullett, William Appleton Potter, and James G. Hill
The U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Missouri met here until 1935; the U.S. Circuit Court for the Eastern District of Missouri met here until that court was abolished in 1912; the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit met here from 1891 until 1935.
Now a mixed-use facility serving federal and private purposes.
Source: U.S. Treasury Department, A History of Public Buildings (Washington, D.C.: GPO, 1901): 346-47.
Larger image: 77 k JPEG
High resolution: 28 MB TIFF
Historic Federal Courthouses