Raleigh, North Carolina
U.S. Court House and Post Office (1901; 1938)
Completed in 1879.
Supervising Architects: Alfred B. Mullett, William Appleton Potter, and James G. Hill
First extension completed in 1913.
Supervising Architect of first extension: Oscar Wenderoth
Second extension completed in 1938.
Supervising Architect of second extension: Louis A. Simon
The U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of North Carolina met here from 1912 until 1970; the U.S. Circuit Court for the Eastern District of North Carolina met here until that court was abolished in 1912. Still in use as a U.S. Post Office.
Source: U.S. Treasury Department, A History of Public Buildings (Washington, D.C.: GPO, 1901): 448-49.
Larger image: 69 k JPEG
High resolution: 31 MB TIFF
Source: National Archives, RG 121-BS, Box 65, Folder KK, Print 1
Larger image: 83 k JPEG
High resolution: 21 MB TIFF
Historic Federal Courthouses