History of the Federal Judiciary
 


History of the Federal Judiciary


  Historic Federal Courthouses
Wilmington, North Carolina

U.S. Custom House (1901)
Completed in 1846.
Architect: John Norris
The U.S. District Court for the District of Cape Fear met here until the creation of the Eastern District in 1872; the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of North Carolina met here from 1872 until 1891; the U.S. Circuit Court for the District of Cape Fear met here until the creation of the Eastern District in 1872; the U.S. Circuit Court for the Eastern District of North Carolina met here from 1872 until 1891.
Razed ca. 1914.


Source: U.S. Treasury Department, A History of Public Buildings (Washington, D.C.: GPO, 1901): 454-55.

Larger image: 92 k JPEG
High resolution: 31 MB TIFF
















 

Submit Questions About Judicial History | Contact the FJC